Black Forest Games
Based in Offenburg, Germany
26 Sep 2013
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams - Rise of the Owlverlord is a blistering platformer with morphing worlds, featuring seven brand new levels, a new boss and new gripping tracks from Chris Hülsbeck and Machinae Supremacy!Dash through tricky levels and transform the whole world at will in this fast-paced platformer. Rise of the Owlverlord combines graphics that pack a visual punch and tight controls with the challenge of retro era platforming. Fluidly morph between two dynamically different dream worlds to solve puzzles and combat grueling enemies and bosses. You’ll have to intertwine perky Giana's twirling jump with punky Giana's hammering dash attack to survive her dual nightmare.
- Powerful Abilities: Change Giana's personality to unleash her unique abilities - you'll need to control both sides to survive her dreams!
- Intuitive Controls and Smooth Gameplay: Master the tight knit controls to defeat the cunning trials ahead.
- Visual Punch: Giana’s dreamworlds leap off the screen with gorgeous 3D graphics that morph before your eyes.
- Twisted Puzzles: As Giana changes, so does the world around her. Collecting gems and finding secret locations requires strategy and interchanging the two worlds.
- Legendary Soundtrack: Each dream layer has its own music style. Experience a dual crossfading soundtrack by Chris Hülsbeck and Machinae Supremacy!
- More to Discover: There are 7 rich levels across several distinct worlds, each transforming into the two contrasting dreamworlds.
- Gut-wrenching Hardcore Modes: Hardcore and Über Hardcore modes also await players who are full masters of the game and quite possibly insane.
- Extras: Halloween-themed levels accessible from the start.
Teaser 2 YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Best Sound, Deutscher Entwicklerpreis 2012"
- "Bestes Kinderspiel, Deutschen Computerspielpreis 2013" http://www.deutscher-entwicklerpreis.de/news/167-alle-gewinner-deutscher-entwicklerpreis-2013
- "Bestes PC-Spiel 2013, Kindersoftwarepreis TOMMI"
- "Bestes Puzzle und Jump'n'Run 2012, DemoNews GOTY-leserwahl 2012" http://www.demonews.de/Artikel-Specials/DemoNews-GOTY-Leserwahl-2012-Ihr-habt-gewaehlt-Die-Spiele-des-Jahres-2012-43035/
- "“It's a purely fun experience with plenty of replay value.” "
- Jared-IGN, IGN Blogs
- "“Rise of the Owlverlord is an excellent platformer. It’s fun to play, the controls are tight, and the level design is great.” "
- Dave Payerle, ztgd.com
- "“Rise of the Owlverlord demonstrates that the studio has a knack for creating enjoyable, challenging platforming games.” "
- Dominic Sheard, http://darkzero.co.uk/
- "Metascore: 84, User Score: 8.3"
- , metacritic.com
About Black Forest Games
Founded in 2012, Black Forest Games is an independent game studio focused on high-quality video games. The studio is based in Offenburg, Germany, and currently employs a team of 40 international industry professionals who specialize in building games for all major game platforms.
More information on Black Forest Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams - Rise of the Owlverlord Credits
Adrian Goersch, Andreas Speer
Technical Art Director
Borries Orlopp, Stefan Schmitz